Saturday, January 12, 2019
Los Angeles Kings
105.9 FM, the X
* The Pens are in the midst of another long road trip, a 5-game, 12-day trek through the west coast: Anaheim (W, 7-4); Los Angeles; San Jose; Arizona; Vegas.
* Pittsburgh is 10-1 in its past 11 games, while outscoring opponents 47-19.
* The Pens’ PK is 24 for 26 (92.3%) in the last 11 games, and 32 of 35 (91.4%) in the past 14.
* Jake Guentzel recorded his 2nd hat trick of the season against Anaheim on Friday night. He has a 5-game scorings streak for 8 total points (5G-3A).
* Former King Tanner Pearson will face his former team for the first time. Pearson played 6 seasons in LA, posting 69 goals and 144 points in 325 career NHL games while winning one Stanley Cup.
* The Pens will face former teammate Carl Hagelin, who recently returned to the Kings lineup following a lower-body injury. Hagelin won two Stanley Cups with the Penguins.
* Goaltender Casey DeSmith signed a 3-year contract extension. He won his 1st career NHL game against the Kings at Staples Center on Jan. 18, 2018.
* The Kings have the worst record in the NHL at 16-22-6 for 38 points. But they’ve won 6 of their last 11 contests.
* Anze Kopitar leads the Kings with 11 goals and 29 points. Defenseman Drew Doughty has a team-best 21 assists.
PIT – Zach Aston-Reese (upper-body), Patric Hornqvist (concussion), Justin Schultz (left leg fracture).
LAK – Jonny Brodzinski (upper-body), Trevor Lewis (lower-body).