In honor of Bailey’s Birthday, and Adhere Up for Animals Night, the LA Kings hosted their second-annual pet dog race involving the players’ pooches.
Six pet dogs took to the ice for what was an equally extreme and baffling race (hello, Hank Martinez).
The competitiors were being:
1. Leo Brodzinski | Shepherd Retriever Mix | Jonny Brodzinski
2. Hank Martinez | Beagle Blue Heeler Mix | Alec Martinez
3. Nikki Rae Robitaille | Pomsky | Luc Robitaille
4. Ace Bailey | Cocker Spaniel Golden Retriever | Bailey
5. Dodger Toffoli | Toy Yorki | Tyler Toffoli
6. Gustl Kopitar | Goldendoodle | Anze Kopitar
The pet dogs stretched, mentally organized and scoped out the competitors as they took their marks.
We were being looking at some serious Ideal in Show vibes coming from Bailey and Ace.
Hank Martinez hightailed it (no pun intened) to the nearest locker area.
So, it was involving Nikki Rae Robitaille and Leo Brodzinski up entrance.
Is this the pace that Rob Blake was referring to?
It was a picture finish, but Nikki Rae Robitaille took the cake.
And later on, she probably experienced some of Bailey’s birthday cake way too.